No matter what stage you’re in, or how you feel about the season itself, there is a point during summertime where you realize there’s less summer left, fall is coming, and it’s bittersweet. Back to fall, back to routines, cool weather coming, less sweet summer nights ahead. It doesn’t help that as soon as stores are done with the summer holidays, their back to school shops are up and you know your days are numbered. Time to squeeze in those last bits of beach days and vacation or at the very least rest and relaxation because fall is coming!
Don’t get me wrong. I love fall! I love the crisp air, layered outfits, pumpkin spice lattes, and the start of the holiday season. But fall takes patience and preparation. So in order to look forward to fall, kids back in school, and routines set back in place, and to get rid of whatever blues you may be feeling about the upcoming season, I’ve come up with some quick tips that will help you along the way.
- Clean. Before fall is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to go through your home and spruce it up. A simple way is to use my go-to cleaning checklist! Implementing it before the fall season starts will make it an easy addition to your home routine.
- Organize. After you’re done cleaning, organizing your space will ease any transitions as well. Concentrate on simplifying high traffic areas, like your mudroom, so getting out of the door in the morning will be a piece of cake!
- Shop. Now that you’ve cleaned and organized, you have a good idea of what you need to make those routines sail smoothly. Start early so you get what you want and aren’t rushing around to different stores to find what you need!
- Practice. Your home is clean, everything is organized, and you’ve got all the supplies you need. Now it’s time to practice! Run through what your mornings will be like for at least a week before your schedule changes. This will help work out the kinks and ease the routine even more before it begins!
- Make memories. You’re all prepped for fall. Now you’ve got to squeeze in all those last bits of summer fun and make memories that will last and keep you warm when the cold weather comes!
So however you feel about summer ending and fall beginning, these tips will help you make the transition easier. They will help you make the most of the fall season and what great times and memories lie ahead.